31.7.09

Looking for Insurance Insurance

I think I need insurance for my health insurance. I need to pay a third party to step in and help out in case the rates for my individual policy keep climbing to exorbitant levels despite me being in perfect helth. Oh, and also for the fact that should something disastrous happen, my current provider could drop me like a bad habit because I'm not on a group plan.

When I questioned the representative why my rates keep going up despite my good health and lack of claims, she informed me that they have to compensate for "all the claims being made." Wait, I thought this was my individual insurance. If I don't get the benefits of a group plan, why do I need to be a part of the draw backs?

She went on to explain that they are a "not for profit" organization. Interesting, I think we may have found the root of the problem. Are we not in a capitalist society? Maybe if they were trying to "make a profit" their services would make sense and they would treat customers with respect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me a call. I know a guy who could help you save some money.
Let me know,
Greg Wilkins
801-748-0052

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much I agree with this.

P.S. I love the new header.
P.P.S. Your new profile picture is the BOMB!

Leslie said...

I totally agree! Insurance is so VERY expensive!

ali said...

You don't even want to know how much Oscar ended up costing us. I just keep telling myself he is worth it.

I hope you're able to work something out, and when you do, let me know.