28.10.09

Now That You're Settled

My parents recently moved homes after a 30 year stay at the Sandy home I grew up in. Needless to say it was a long and labor intensive process for all involved, but they ended up with a perfect house with the space they need in order to facilitate family gatherings. (There are eight of us kids, all married with children.) It has been fun to see their excitement at their new digs, and to spend time with them there.

After a couple of weeks of settling in and unpacking, there was an announcement made in my parents ward that the missionaries in the area need a home to stay in. They were told that it has been requested that the missionaries stay in a member's home. To their everlasting credit, my parents decided that their new home fit the requirements that the mission had detailed and offered their home to the missionaries.

I'm not sure what makes a rational couple invite two 19-21 year old boys into their basement just weeks after purchasing and settling into their new home. I'm left to question their sanity, but I'm also humbled by their dedication to the gospel and the church.

1 comment:

Annie said...

You'd better be careful--those missionaries may become your parents' new children and you will be replaced. Next thing you know, they'll be taking the elders to Disneyland and buying them ponies.

But that's really nice of them.