16.2.08

Fashionably Late

It was inevitable, I suppose, that I join this craze known as blogging. A large majority of my good friends and family have been blogging for quite a while. I have been encouraged numerous times by loved ones to join their digital community. True to form, while I often visited the blogs of said friends, I hesitated to take up residency. My reluctance might be more easily explained by my history with new technology.

It was Fall of the year 2000 that I finally relented and set up an email address. It had become apparent that this "internet fad" was going to stick around for a while. It was a similar situation with the "cellular telephone device." I spent my entire college career preaching the advantages of sticking to a good ol' land line. I concede that I currently own a cellular telephone, and I don't hate it most of the time. Except for when it calls people randomly while sitting in my pocket, and I hear a faint, cheery voice greet me from another dimension. Sorry if you were the recipient of one of these ghost calls. You can thank Samsung for their ingenious design.

So here I am, the newest resident of Bloggerville. I hope this gives me a chance to interact a little more with friends, express myself a little more, and ultimately have a good time doing it. As I stated previously, I have visited Bloggerville on several occasions and thus have picked up on some good post ideas such as: ipod 10 song shuffle, 100 things about me, or the recent "ask me whatever you want." If you have a suggestion for a post, or just general advice to an infant blogger, drop me a line via comment or email.

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Woot! Woot!

I love the powers of peer pressure!

Welcome to Bloggerville! I've brought you a casserole, some warm chocolate chip cookies, and a Jell-O salad in the shape of a blog.

So glad you've moved in.

James said...

finally, now that I am moving back.

Kate said...

Wahoo!! Yipee! Sweetness! Another blogging buddy! I am seriously excited, you are an awesome writer and I can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jesse.

Dad C

Anonymous said...

I can already see you are a great writer like many other family members. Your blog will be a delight to read. Happy blogging.

Jeremy said...

Everyone gives at some point.
I tried not to give in to the iPod craze and tried to keep it real with my Walkman and Minidisc, but when it came down to it, the evolution was inevitable.
Welcome to bloggington. You know my blog addy, so feel free to "Add," me.

And thank the heavens above you finally got a cell phone-even though I've been the recipient of dozens and dozens of ghost calls-so that I don't have to call around several places to get a hold of you. That was a real weird thing to do in school-to call 5 or 6 different friends' houses asking if you were there or if they knew where you were and then saying, "Ok, thanks. Talk to you later."

Welcome I say. Welcome.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Bad Dog.

So Jeremy, you were out on iPods at first? You never cease to amaze me.

Jeremy said...

Brad, I have a hard time with change and technology in general. I'm like Jason, but I eventually give in and realize that some stuff is sweet. The tech world is hard cause you buy something, own it for 6 months or a year and then it's old school already and there's three new versions that spit on your once precious and cutting edge item. Cough, iPods-cough, cameras

Leslie said...

Aparently, I am fashionably late welcoming you to Bloggerville! I think you will love it here. So glad that you've joined us!!

Lindy-Lou said...

Wow. Dad told me this morning that you have a blog. I had no idea. I was in Leslieville when you had your inauguration. I'm so happy to have this way to connect with you. Good for you!