20.1.09

Band Name

My new cover band is trying to come up with a name for ourselves. It is really hard. We brainstormed and came up with a pretty big list (Keep in mind, we did not filter our ideas so there are some pretty crazy ones). Our drummer created an online rating test you can select how much you like or hate a name. There are quite a few options so it will take you about 3-5 minutes to complete, but your feedback would be most appreciated. Here is the link:

http://ilovemyjournal.com/band_name_selector/

If you are interested in making sure we don't come up with a really weird name, please vote high numbers for the good ones. If you think they are all bad, feel free to leave a comment with some better suggestions.


P.S. The music we play consists of big hits from the 50's through today. Our current setlist can be viewed and listened to here.

9 comments:

James said...

Cool. when is the first gig.

Jesse C said...

We're thinking about sometime around valentines.

Lindy-Lou said...

That was fun. I did it and it looks like I agree with everyone else on the rankings.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

I hope I didn't botch the ratings too much by voting a 10 for Silky Bros.

Jesse C said...

Dusty,

I was going to ask you permission to list the Silky Bros as a candidate, but then I was lazy.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

haha, no permission necessary. I was stoked to see it as an option to vote for.

Tiffany said...

I got kicked off the survey for accidentally voting twice for something. My favorite name is "Yesterday's Pills" and I love your setlist. When can I get a CD???

James said...

Some other options:

"No Tea Parties"

"The Brotherhood of the traveling speedo and cowboy boots"

Austin said...

I suggest not using anything that makes you guys sound gay or anything with 'and the' in it. Maybe I would let you use 'The Zingers'. I will have to take some time to really decide if I would give you permission.