4.5.09

A Confession and Some Photos










Confession: Abby might have the impression that I can shoot light through my arm and out the ends of my finger tips into the light fixture from across the room, causing the room to illuminate. I first get her attention with a large, circular arm motion. Then, I throw my arm across my body until it is fully extended with my fingers aimed at the light fixture. At this exact moment, I secretly flip on the light switch while simultaneously shouting "whaaaapeeewww!" I've been pretty consistent with it when I need more light in the kitchen and in her room. She seems to be getting more and more impressed with it as she gets older. It usually produces a squeal of delight along with alternating oblique abdomen flexing.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

If she's not impressed, I am.

She is SO cute, I might die.

Jeremy said...

Holy crap. You are my hero. Really.

This is way better than teaching our kids to believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Ferry and the Easter Bunny. Teach them to believe that you are a super hero and have cool powers!

I always told myself I'd be an awesome dad when I had kids and I thought I was doing ok, but now I've got inspiration to be better.

Consequently, while typing I realized that I guess my definition of being an "Awesome," dad is to play cool tricks with/on my children. I'm a bad person.

...but I still want to conjure up some cool tricks like this.

Annie said...

I can't say I condone trickery to garner love and affection from your offspring. Things were never the same for me after my dad confessed that he wasn't actually removing his eyeball and putting it in his mouth even though it really looked like it. That was a turning point in my life.

And in case you didn't know, you have a darn cute baby. Darn cute.

Kate said...

I'm giggling. That is so funny. And Abby is so adorable.

Lindy-Lou said...

It gets even better when she thinks SHE has super powers. Remember Christian and the motion light?

Abby is absolutely adorable and that is a natural aliteration. (sp?)

Anonymous said...

Cute baby!!! She will be your number one fan for years to come.
April