16.8.10

Abby 2.0 + Blog Theory



I received a gentle reminder today from mi amigo Jeremy that I hadn't blogged in a long time. I had planned on posting this video I made for Abby's 2nd birthday, and I decided now would be a good time.

Lately, I just get the feeling that blogs for a lot of people are "so last year." Facebook seems to have overtaken blogging lately. I'm not complaining, I enjoy Facebook. It is an interesting way to keep tabs on friends and acquaintances from pretty much any period of life you could imagine. It just seems to be a little more superficial. Blogging has a tendency to draw a little more depth from the poster and the reader/commenter. 

For me, blogging has become a bit of a conundrum. I like love being creative. There are no less than 10 creative activities on my mental wish list at any one time, and while I enjoy writing it doesn't come as naturally as some other things.

In my mind, writing takes away from music/painting time. I'm sure that is not exactly the case. My blog can be a means of sharing such creative activities. Rather than hindering them, it could be an added motivation to complete said projects. In summation, I will attempt to blog meaningfully more often.


2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Rad. Glad you're back. I know I see you on FB everyday, but don't leave your blog in the dust. It IS so much more personal and real than a status update.

Tiffany said...

A few thoughts:

1. Your daughter is so adorable.
2. You and Natalie are adorable parents.
3. That song is the bomb.com.
4. Crap. I had a feeling that blogging was outdated.
5. I hope you keep blogging with me. I love your posts.
6. "I did a poopy in the potty, Mom!"