3.1.11

Resolution 2011

Last year I wrote a short resolution on this blog. More than any other goal or resolution I've made in my life, it actually stuck with me. For the most part, I believe, I was a man of action more than a man of intentions in 2010. That's not to say there isn't room for improvement, but I think I made significant progress.

This year feels like it will be a very important one for me. I feel the same desire to be a man of action, and within that idea there are a few points of emphasis I choose to pursue.

1. Gratitude - My favorite people in this world also seem to be the most grateful. I'm guilty of often taking blessings and people around me for granted. I hope to show a great deal more gratitude in 2011, and I hope to do it in more ways than spoken words.

2. Enjoyment - Last year, during high adventure camp with the teachers and priests, one of the other leaders said "I really like camp Jesse." I knew exactly what he meant, and it really stuck with me. The nature of the camp meant that there were no real worries or responsibilities, it was pure fun all day every day. "Camp Jesse" was different from "normal Jesse" because he was allowing himself total enjoyment. I know that the circumstances at the camp are impossible to duplicate for an entire year, but the attitude I possessed during my stay could be carried with me throughout the year.

3. Balance - I think at times my drive to get things done in 2010 left too great a burden on my family. I hope to better balance my time and priorities so those who are most important in my life will always know it.

Well, there you have it, a little more wordy than last year, but I think doable.

3 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Love it, Jesse. Great goals. I totally relate to 'camp Jesse'. There are people who maintain that free spirit day in and day out and I want to be like that too. You inspire me.

Jeremy said...

Great post. I love the "Camp Jesse," point that you made. I think that happens to all of us and is impossible to completely avoid. School and work Jeremy is a much different person than say, camping or vacation Jeremy. I would love to merge the two worlds better though. Thanks for some ispiration!

Annie said...

Good resolutions. I think the wisest people are also the most grateful.

I dig the rhino.