15.7.08

If My Life Were An Eighties Movie...


I would be in a sweet montage set to a Bruce Springsteen song about the working man. It would show me hefting furniture boxes into my van, struggling to assemble various baby furniture, reading directions, sanding and refinishing furniture, helping Natalie reupholster the glider rocker, painting canvasses, and hanging blinds and curtains. I 'm waiting for the part where I hang the last picture on the wall, step back, put my arm around Natalie, and look tired as the camera pans around the completed baby nursery. The song does a fade out at this point.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cool.

My 80s movie life would be a disaster-comedy.

Can I have Elisabeth Shue play me?

Jesse C said...

Who else could play you?

Nobody. The answer is nobody.

Jeremy said...

Sweet post and you just gave me a great idea for a post!

If my life were an 80s movie, it would be National Lampoon's Wally World Vacation

Jeremy said...

Or...Christmas Vacation-it's a toss up

Kate said...

I dig those paintings. I think I might do something like it with my name, if you don't mind. If you do please tell me, I really seriously won't care if you don't want me to copy you. But I realllllly like the idea.

Jesse C said...

Paint away Kate. Imitation is the highest form of compliment.

Jesse C said...

p.s. those are just digital mockups that I threw together. I'lll post the real things when they are done.

James said...

so is it Abby for sure?

This is a great post.