12.11.08

For Now You're Gone

I wrote this song with a lot of musical inspiration from Johnny Cash and Tiger Army. When it came time to write lyrics, I struggled at first. Being a middle class Mormon kid from the suburbs, I had a hard time coming up with country lyrics. I eventually came to the conclusion that the Mormon settlers of the west had some pretty interesting experiences, and I wrote the lyrics based on the stories of the Mormon Battalion soldiers leaving their wives and children to serve a government that refused to protect their basic freedoms. (Click on the title of the post to listen to the song.)

If you are having trouble playing the song: Right click the title of the post. Select "Save As" and save the file on your computer. Then open the file with your preferred media player.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this song, even though you didn't upload it.

Jesse C said...

Thanks Tiff. I just fixed it.

Ryan (Ranger) said...

I'm liking these, keep 'em coming!

Snake said...

I can't see or here a song...:(

Amanda said...

I tried to pull both songs up, but I can't get it to work...I'll try again later. I can't wait to hear them!

Jesse C said...

Huh, that is weird, try this Amanda. Right click the title of the post. Select "Save As" and save the file on your computer. Then open the file with your preferred media player.

ali said...

I am so impressed, Jesse! You are awesome ... and courageous. You put this song on a CD for us and I had no idea it was yours!