30.12.08

Favorites For 2008

A quick list off the top of my head of highlights for the year 2008.

11. Playing on a soccer team comprised with a lot of my best friends from growing up. (James, Chad, Scott, Tony)
10. Trip to Disneyland with James, Dede, Tiff, Ryan, Christian, and Max. Seems like it was so long ago. Anyways, it was so dang fun. I forgot what a cool place it is.
9. Almost seeing Harrison Ford, Calista Flockhart, and their kid exiting Space Mountain. It was consolation that everyone who was with me got to see them, and I think I saw the back of his Harrison's head just before he went out the door.
8. Serving in scouts and Deacon's Quorum has been fun, challenging, and interesting. Some highlights and some frustrations.
7. Watching RSL games at Rio Tinto Stadium was so incredible. The place is beautiful, and the atmosphere is great. If you haven't been you need to go in 2009.
6. Jumping into James and Tony's arms when Yura Movsysian scored in the last minute vs. Colorado to put RSL into the playoffs.
5. The Dark Knight. Intense, disturbing, philosophical, and in the end somewhat uplifting. I love a movie that keeps you thinking long after the credits have rolled. It is extremely rare in an action movie where the action is clearly secondary to the themes, stellar performances, and character and plot development. Not for kids.
4. Some new bands I got into this year: Arcade Fire, Band of Annuals, Dustin Kensrue, Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, The Gaslight Anthem, and Spoon. I know most have been around for a while, but these are bands that I started to listen to and enjoy this year. I highly recommend all of them.
3. Summer trip up to the Northwest with Natalie and her family. We even made it up into Victoria for a day. It was a good time.
2. Roofing my Dad's garage with the dudes. I'm not sure about the place in the list, but it was actually a really fun experience to do some manual labor along side my Dad, brothers, and nephews. We were sure we would be done in 45 minutes or so. 6 hours later, we all had a lot more respect for roofers. It was worth it to see how delighted Dad was with his new roof.
1. Welcoming my Abby into the world. She has lit up our home with her smiles and her sweet spirit, and has brought Natalie and I that much closer together.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it! What a great post idea!

Lindy-Lou said...

Great post. Abby. Yes.

Tiffany said...

I loved our trip to Disneyland, and cannot begin to believe that it was any less than five years ago. I'm so glad we did it. Those memories will last forever. Our family still waves at each other the way you did that week.

Great post idea.

Lacey Jane said...

I also like this idea! Sounds like you had a fab 2008!

Shua said...

I'm bummed that I missed out on the roofing (sp?), sounds like it turned out to be a lot of fun.

John said...

That Abby is gonna break hearts some day. Her smile is amazing.

And strangely, I really enjoyed the roofing project too. Let's just not do it again for a while :-)

James said...

I am glad that I was apart of so many of your top 10. I think all of the top 10's that I was in would be in my top 10 as well.

Anonymous said...

大揚事務機租售公司提供複合機影印機打卡鐘收銀機印表機碎紙機傳真機等辦公事務機租售服務。