15.12.08

Ode to My Better Half

Natalie turned 26 years old this morning. I was asleep when it happened. In fact, we all were. The lights were all off and Abby was asleep in her crib. I have decided that to commemorate this momentous occasion, I will give her an ode:

Good Natalie,

O Natalie, thou child of the festive season
How I love thee and thy gentle ways.
Beauty and pure love flow from thee as
The garden hose used to water thy beloved begonias.
Thou art loved more soundly and deeply
Than any Gilmore or Gossip Girl could imagine.

I am the Dwight to thy Michael Scott,
The Buddy to thy Jovie.
Thou art the Ketchup to my fries,
The talk button on my cell phone,
And the sustain in my guitar.
Life is easier, more functional,
and more enjoyable with thee.

From the depths of the Wendy's
to the tolerability of Convergys,
My life improved as I moved closer to thee.
Once, twice, thrice was the charm,
I dared to persist, persisted to dare.
The maid with the blue ribbon
Consented to hang out with me.

7 comments:

John said...

Happy Birthday, Natalie!

And Jesse, who knew you could be so sentimental!

Jeremy said...

An ode-now that's a gift not many receive. And a well-written ode at that.

Jeremy said...

And Happy Birthday Natalie!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!! Thanks for letting us crash at your place!

Tiffany said...

I hope to see this cross-stitched and hung on the wall next time I visit you. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!

Dede said...

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!

Shua said...

From the depths of Wendy's--I think I'll be lauging all day over that one.