13.3.09

Eddie Gavin in Jack White's new Band?


Jack White (of The White Stripes) has a new band. This time, he has put down his axe and picked up some sticks. That’s right, Jack White will be playing the drums for The Dead Weather. As I studied the official band photo by David Swanson, I discovered that one of the members bears a striking resemblance to Columbus Crew and U.S. Olympic team midfielder Eddie Gaven. Stooping down on the right hand side of the photo, Gaven’s long body can barely fit in the frame. You may ask yourself, can someone really be a rock star while simultaneously being a soccer star? Two names for you: Rod Stewart and Alexi Lalas. Seems to me like just the kind of thing that the tall, young player would be involved in during the long, winter offseason. He has apparently taken the alias of Dean Fertita, which if you scramble spells “Edie Frattan” Suspiciously close to his real name, don’t you think. Eddie (or Dean), I know who you are, but your secret is safe with me (and my small but loyal following).

2 comments:

James said...

That is funny stuff. Have you heard their music? I do like The White Stripes.

Jesse C said...

I listened to a little. Mr. White does not sing. It's pretty good, I need to hear more to really form an opinion.