3.6.09

Best Vacation Ever

Here is our Pennsylvania/Delaware/New York trip in reverse chronological order. Imagine you're traveling backwards in time with us through all of the sights and shenanigans. Did I mention it was the best vacation ever?

Delicious Italian dinner in Little Italy. Loved that neighborhood.


Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry. (I felt so close to Billy at this point.)


The Big Apple from the Ferry.


Whirlwind bike tour of Central Park. Safety First.


I need to spend some more time in Central Park sometime. Beautiful.


Kayaking in the Hudson. The odd guy on the left in the goggles is telling me that I'm holding my paddle wrong.



The lobby of our super cool botique hotel we got for a screaming deal on hotwire.com.


Abby in Times Square.


Traffic was blocked off, and there were hundreds of lawn chairs in the street. I loved it.


Abby's cousins Christian and Max were great with her all week.


MoMA. Picasso. Heaven.


MoMA. Van Gogh. Jaw on floor.


Cute girls. Sister Tiff. Daughter Abby.


Independence Hall. Birthplace of our nation. 


Abby is getting heavy. She is still cute. Star Wars nerds will be reminded of the very similar Chewbacca/C-3PO arrangement in Empire  Strikes Back.


We discovered a time portal on the bench. 


Philly's Game. Irish Night. Free green hats. Sweet.


Intercourse, PA.


Birthplace of Amish Country Football Club.


Amish man and horse-driven plow. 


Hans the friendly Amish giant.


Tiff and Ryan. Best hosts/tour guides/jokesters ever. 


The worst piece of art at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the only one I got a picture of. The museum is incredible. I think I liked it even a little more than MoMA. You will remember Rocky running up the steps to the building. Hence the statue. Coincidentally, I'm dressed kind of "Rocky-ish."

View of Philly from the museum steps.


Max taking down the land shark that was terrorizing the neighborhood.


This is in Tiff and Ryan's neighborhood. Seriously. 


Pool time.


Abby's new swimsuit.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sigh. I miss you.

Brad K. said...

That trip looks way fun. My favorite trips tend to involve being a house guest in a cool place and being shown the surrounding areas.

Was that you first time seeing a van gogh? You can't really understand how sweet he was until you see his brush strokes.

And dude that bike/helmet/babyseat combo is so killer.

Jeremy said...

I was jealous before you went on your trip because I was sure it would be rad, but seeing the pictures for said epic trip, I am more jealous then I ever could have forseen-plus your commentary just about made me pee myself laughing.

James said...

Dude. That was the best trip ever. Great documentation.

Leslie said...

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing, even though it made me jealous! I'm glad you all had such a great time together!

Jesse C said...

Brad, your so right about Van Gogh. I had seen one before, but it is so incredible in person. Some Monet paintings are the same way, photos just don't do them justice.

Glad to see I've brought out the covetous side in all of you.

Alyssa said...

Jesse, if you are a Van Gogh fan you should make it a life goal to visit the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. I have been twice and would jump at any opportunity to go again. The depth of his paintings in person are spectacular! I just love the texture that isn't captured in prints. Plus they have an amazing collection of his sketches and letters to his brother Theo that describe his paintings with sketches. Really incredible. He is in my top 5 favorite painters - pure genius.

ali said...

This looks so fun. I'm glad you guys took a well-deserved vacation. We're taking Oscar to the Big Apple this weekend. Do you recommend Bjorn or stroller ... or both?