17.6.09

Fast Food Guilty Pleasure

For my first post after the "I exist" philosophical introduction yesterday, I have chosen the very deep topic of fast food. (For our purposes, I will define fast food as food obtained at an eating establishment where you are not waited on.) I've recently come to the conclusion that everybody has a few fast food favorites. Natalie has a soft spot for soft serve chocolate ice cream. My boss loves Quiznos toasted subs. Here are my guilty pleasure fast foods:

1. Taco Time - Crisp Bean Burrito. So simple and delicious and deep fried.

2. Moochies - Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. I just ate here for the first time yesterday, but I can already say it is a fast food favorite of mine. Having just recently sampled one of these remarkable sandwiches at the famous "Jims" in Philadelphia, I can say these are authentic. Apparently the owners moved out here from Philly.

3. Arbys - Curly Fries. I'm a fan of the roast beef sandwiches, but the curly fries really make it worth while.

4. Burger King - Grilled Chicken Combo. I've never been a fan of Burger King, but a couple of years ago Natalie coaxed me into giving it another shot. I tried the grilled chicken and I've been pretty into it ever since. This meal is only once in a while (usually on a road trip). I mentioned the meal because the fries are usually quite good for a drive through.

5. Little Ceasars - Hot 'n' Ready. Pizza snobs will roll their eyes at this one. If you just appreciate it for what it is, you will not be disappointed. As a bonus, this is the fastest of all the fast food, hands down.

I actually feel a little embarrassed now. What are your fast food guilty pleasures?

9 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Fun idea for a blog post!

Do you know Jeff quit his vegetarian-ism over a Crisp Meat Burrito from Taco Time? Totally true!

Hm... can't think of any fast-food guilty foods. However, I DO love french fries AND milk chocolate shakes from McDonalds.

Leslie said...

The Sam's Club cafe area in Cincinnati had THE BEST pizza! We loved it, and were very appreciative of the price. Plus, the workers there would always cut our HUGE slices in half so we could share.
The Sam's pizza here is incredibly disappointing by comparison. :(
We've also always been fans of the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger @ Wendy's -- tasty and cheap.

Annie said...

The tiny nachos they give you at Taco Bell--and not so much the chips, mostly just the unnaturally orange nacho cheese...and that is why I will most likely not live to 65.

Kate said...

Taco Bell's seven layer burrito. And twist cones from Arctic Circle. Love them.

Brad K. said...

First of all, I want to say that I am a supreme pizza snob but I love the Hot-and-Ready. When Maeve is out of town I buy one and keep it in the fridge and just eat a couple of slices each meal.

Heres my thing with fast food that I have recently realized. You have food that is fresh and delicious and you have your miracles of science. Like a burger from a restuarant is way good but its natural and you have those little cheeseburgers from McDs (which I love so much) and its a miracle of science. Chefs did not create those things, scientists did. Theres the difference.

Heres some favorites:

Cheesburgers for McDs

Crisp Meat and Crisp Chicken Burritos from Taco Time (one of each is manditory)

Costco Cheese Pizza

Wendys Crispy Chicken Nuggs

McDonalds Vanilla Shake

DQ Reese Blizzard

Stromboli from Sabarros

Orange Chicken from Panda Express (has to be fresh)

Heres the best one. I will take a cheeseburger, fries, milkshake, and coke from In-N-Out over almost anything on this earth.

Max Fam said...

I hate to admit this. I love "cheese on a stick" from Hot Dog on a Stick in the mall. It's guilt-provoking alright. Get a huge piece of cheese, dip it in batter, and fry it. Yum. Best grilled cheese sandwich you'll ever taste.

P.S. I am a pizza snob, and I will still eat hot'n'ready if I have no other options. Pizza is still pizza.

Shua said...

Spicy Chicken Sandwiches from Carl's Jr:
$1
Spicy
Filling
Ridiculously Fattening
Yummmmm

Lindy-Lou said...

German chocolate mini shake from the Iceberg on 3900 S. and 9th E. Don't be fooled by going to another location. They haven't figured out quality control yet. The mini shake size is enough for two.

James said...

Hot n' Ready es bueno. And like you said it is the fastest food out there. Maybe they should call it Cheetah Pizza.

The Whopper from Burger King is in my opinion the King of fast food burger of the bigger chains. Yes even better than In n' Out. (I am actually not into burgers with tons of crap on them, but from the advise of a friend I tried the Angry Whopper and it did not disappoint.)

Pork Candy Salad from Cafe Rio. Enough said.

Del taco bean burrito with red sauce and a soft shell chicken taco. Good, cheap, and close to my house. I have recently decided that Del Taco is better than Taco Bell.

Crisp Bean burrito at Taco Time is way good too.

Noodles: Bangkok Curry good and even better with some flat bread on the side.

Brat outside of Home Depot. Too bad AF does not allow a dude to cook these out side of the store in AF. I would probably eat way too many.

That is all I can think of right now.