29.9.10

Getting with the times

So Jason and I have once again caught the fever, and Herod the Fink is running at full steam. We have two more recording sessions then lots of mixing and mastering for what will turn out to be a 8 or 9 song album. We are getting very excited to share these songs with the world.

We have also finally constructed a website and a blog. Jason posted on the website that we hope to "tour," which of course means playing a few street corners, coffee shops, and or living rooms in the next 3 months in hopes of sharing these songs with a few people besides our nearest and dearest.

He has ordered a pretty amazing percussion instrument all the way from Australia. It is a Rockbox brand cajon hand drum and it sounds amazing. Get the bongo sounds out of your head right now, because it is not at all what it sounds like. Think rock and roll drums. This box has a snare mechanism as well as a deep "kick" drum sound. Listen to one in action here. We are going to have a lot of fun playing these songs, and I can't wait to see how full we can make our little duo sound.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

So excited for your new album!! Can I pre-order??

Lindy-Lou said...

I wanna host a party.

Tiffany said...

I wanna host a party too!

Sorry I'm behind, but I'm so excited about this!

Lindy-Lou said...

You can have the first week-end in December, Tiff. ;)