26.3.08

Random Thoughts

It has been too long since my last entry. This assistant scoutmaster calling is taking up quite a bit of free time, but I am enjoying it so far.

Apparently, nobody but James really cares what I have to say about RSL. Well, that won't keep me from blogging about the team anyway.

I've written quite a bit on this blog about music, but I still haven't written about Billy Joel. I grew up listening to his music, and he continues to be an inspiration. It kills me that most of my generation are only really familiar with the singles "We Didn't Start The Fire" and "River of Dreams" - two of the weakest songs from his catalog. Some of my favorites include: Vienna, It's Still Rock and Roll to Me, I've Loved These Days, You May Be Right, Innocent Man, and Scenes From an Italian Restaraunt. That's just from the top of my head, and there's plenty more.

Manchester United are back where they belong, at the top of the Premier League. Go Red Devils!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I still think that Billy Joel's first album, Cold Spring Harbor, is one of his absolute best.

I can't wait to hear his new songs about church history when mom finally converts him once and for all.

Jesse C said...

Peter Breinholt look out!

Jeremy said...

Sorry, Jesse, as much as I enjoy watching soccer and going to games, I just don't know enough to have an opinion on REAL. My only opinion (and this might get me some enemies) is that a stadium of the magnitude that they are building is a waste of money and a mistake...sorry!

Billy Joel. There's something I have an opinion about and the knowledge to back it up. I always hate when people hear that I like Mr. Joel they get that look in their eyes like "Ew, that River of Dreams song sucks," and I have to agree with them-it does. If only people could see Billy through our eyes for a minute and have a greater understanding of ALL his work, they might change their minds. Heck, it took Hallie a while, but I'm pretty sure she totally respects and enjoys him now. Those are some of my favorite songs you listed. Others of mine are: "Keeping the Faith," "Traveling Player," "Why Judy, Why," "Summer Highland Falls," and "You Look So Good to Me,"

John said...

The longer I'm a Billy Joel fan the more I find that I like his lesser known songs more and more.

Falling of the Rain
Tomorrow is Today
Through the Long Night
If I Only Had the Words
Summer Highland Falls
All You Wanna Do Is Dance
Miami 2017
This is the Time

Brilliant!

James said...

ReAL 4 life.

Jeremy, the stadium will be totally sweet and worth it in the end.

Billy Joel is really good.

Leslie said...

I didn't know Cold Spring Harbor was his first album!? I love that one too!

Um, Go ReAL!

Jesse C said...

Well said Les.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

Lets here it for "Captain Jack". Who's with me?

Jesse C said...

Captain Jack is really good. I misunderstood that song for a long time, then a few years ago I listened a little closer to what he was saying. To me it's a song about people trying find happiness in all the wrong ways. Along with a couple Cold Spring Harbor songs, one of his most depressing songs.

Jeremy said...

Well said, Jessie (about Captain Jack).

Jesse C said...

How do you spell my name Jeremie?